Previous Item | Next Item
CableEye System Repair
What should I do if I think my system is malfunctioning?
If you think your system is malfunctioning, first perform a Self-Test check on it to rule out the possibility of the problem being caused by erroneous settings.
To run Self Test do the following:
- Remove any CB boards or test cables from the CableEye system.
- Be sure that nothing is connected to the test point headers.
- If your system has an Active Test Point switch, set it to the maximum number of test points.
- Connect the tester to the PC and turn on the CableEye software.
- Click on the File menu and select "Self Test" from the list.
- Click on Run Once and wait a few seconds for the results.
You will see the following message for a successful test: "SELF-TEST COMPLETE; Test fixture is functioning correctly.
If you get an error message, it is likely that the unit has been damaged, in which case take a screenshot of the message and email
it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the serial number of your tester in the subject field of the email. We will analyze the data to determine whether the tester needs to be sent back for repair.
If the Self-Test passes and you are still experiencing problems with your tester, this likely points to an issue with user-defined test settings. If you are unable to locate and correct the error/s, please contact CAMI Research Tech Support at +1 978 266 2655
(Print Self Test Instructions)
How do we order a repair service for our CableEye Tester?
1 - Call CAMI Research at 978-266-2655 to arrange for return
of your unit. We need to confirm the serial number of the tester or testers that you want to be repaired, the name of the technical contact person
for CableEye, and your company's address and phone number.
[When shipping from an international location where we have a representative, please contact your local distributor first.]
2 - We may be able to offer a preliminary/budgetary estimate of the cost of the repair at this time. A detailed quotation will be feasible after we receive the tester and run diagnostics.
3 - Your company pays transportation in both
directions. We will accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express
if that is more convenient. Be sure to specify the method of
return shipment you want us to use (Ground, 3rd Day, 2nd Day, Overnight).
Note: Return shipment by FedEx Ground is not an available option.
Note: Return shipment options for International customers are FedEx or UPS, Priority or Economy.
4 - When you are ready to ship, review and circulate this Shipping Checklist
to your packing/shipping department. (Remember to email
us the tracking number.)
5 - For standard repairs, we will generally evaluate the tester, and send you a quote, in 1-2 business days of receiving it. Any repairs covered under warranty will be so noted.
6 - On reviewing the Repair Quote, email Repair Purchase Order (PO) to email@example.com
, or call in credit card to +1 978 266 2655
. Repairs will be scheduled on receipt of PO/Payment.
7 - For low voltage testers, we offer an expedite option for a fee:
- With expedite service, CAMI will carry out best effort to complete the repair and to ship it back the next business day.
- Contact us before you ship us the tester to request and book this service.
- Take necessary steps to ensure your tester arrives here by 10:30am EST the morning of the scheduled date.
Looking for another service such as Hardware or Software Upgrade, Warranty, Calibration? Click here