Previous Item | Next Item
CableEye System Repair
What should I do if I think my system is malfunctioning?
If you think your system is malfunctioning, first perform a Self-Test check on it to rule out the possibility of the problem being caused by erroneous settings.
(Print Self Test Instructions)
To run Self Test do the following:
- Remove any CB boards or test cables from the CableEye system.
- Be sure that nothing is connected to the test point headers.
- If your system has an Active Test Point switch, set it to the maximum number of test points.
- Connect the tester to the PC and turn on the CableEye software.
- Click on the File menu and select "Self Test" from the list.
- Click on Run Once and wait a few seconds for the results.
You will see the following message for a successful test: "SELF-TEST COMPLETE; Test fixture is functioning correctly.
If you get an error message, it is likely that the unit has been damaged, in which case take a screenshot of the message and email it to us* at email@example.com. Please be sure to include the serial number of your tester in the subject field of the email. We will analyze the data to determine whether the tester needs to be sent back for repair.
If the Self-Test passes and you are still experiencing problems with your tester, this likely points to an issue with user-defined test settings. If you are unable to locate and correct the error/s, please contact CAMI Research Tech Support* at +1 978 266 2655 and be ready to provide the serial number of your tester.
* If you are located in an international location where we have a representative, please contact that local distributor instead.
How do we order a Repair Service for our CableEye Tester or Accessory?
Before You Ship
When shipping from an international location where we have a representative, please contact your local distributor.
1 - Check that you have completed the "What should I do if I think my system is malfunctioning" instructions.
2 - Call CAMI Research at 978-266-2655 or your region's international distributor to arrange for return
of your unit. We will:
- confirm the serial number of the tester or testers that you want to be repaired or that are associated with the accessory to be repaired.
- confirm the name of your company's technical contact person for your CableEye tester/s.
- confirm your company's address and phone number.
- review the issue, including the results of the self test.
- when applicable, request a PO or credit card to cover minimum charges for evaluation/repair of non-warranty repairs.
- We may be able to offer a preliminary/budgetary estimate of the cost of the repair at this time. A detailed quotation will be feasible after we receive the tester and run diagnostics.
- Minimum charges will apply for evaluation of non-warranty repairs, but the final repair charges may be higher.
- We will process the Return Material Authorization (RMA) once we have received the PO or credit card information.
- subsequently email you a Return Material Authorization (RMA).
CAMI reserves the right to reject a shipment that arrives without this prior authorization.
3 - Your company pays transportation in both
directions. Be sure to specify the method of
return shipment you want us to use (Ground, 3rd Day, 2nd Day, Overnight).
We will accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express
if that is more convenient.
Note: Return shipment options for International customers are FedEx or UPS (Priority or Economy), or DHL. Customer must supply a shipping account for DHL.
4 - When you're ready to ship the system:
- Check that every item within "Before You Ship" has been completed.
- Review and circulate this preparation Shipping Checklist to your packing/shipping department. It is important that you check that every item is completed. Be sure to click through from the checklist to the packaging instructions.
5 - For standard repairs, we will generally evaluate the tester within 1-2 business days of receiving it. If the repairs are covered under warranty, we will make the necessary repairs and return the equipment as soon as possible. For repairs not covered under the warranty, we will contact you with a preliminary quote following our initial evaluation. Minimum charges will apply for evaluation of non-covered repairs, but the final repair charges may be higher. CAMI will advise the most cost-effective course of action.
6 - On reviewing the Repair Quote, email Repair Purchase Order (PO) to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call in credit card to +1 978 266 2655
. Repairs will be scheduled on receipt of PO/Payment. Current lead times are listed here
under Service (Calibration, Repair, Upgrade).
7 - If you do not respond to a quotation within 10 business days, the product will be returned 'As-Is'.
8 - For low voltage testers under warranty, we offer an expedite option for a fee which must be pre-approved:
- With expedite service, CAMI will carry out best effort to complete the repair and to ship it back the next business day.
- Contact us before you ship us the tester to request and book this service.
- Your RMA email will explicitly state expedite service and a scheduled date, if approved.
- Take necessary steps to ensure your tester arrives here by 10:30am EST the morning of the scheduled date, and specify next day air service or one-day ground return shipment on your PO.
Looking for another service such as Hardware or Software Upgrade, Warranty, Calibration? Click here