Previous Item | Next Item
CableEye® Software Upgrade
Item 726 upgrades software earlier than v5.4
Production Screen (from v5.4-B1188)
Item 726A upgrades software earlier than v5.4 (only if renewing warranty at the same time)
Item 726B upgrades software v5.4 or later
Item 726C upgrades software on multiple testers
Currently Shipping v6.0 B1676
Software upgrades include installation instructions, AND upgrades for any optional software previously purchased with your system such as PinMap, Connector Designer, or Autobuild.
For your convenience, software upgrades can be downloaded from our website.
Order an upgrade for ALL your company's testers that are running obsolete software for a discounted price (Item 726C).
Note: CB boards need the software version current at time of release of that specific CB board - or later.
Key Release Notes
In general, later versions will include more graphics (e.g. connector images), more macro commands (used primarily for test automation) … and bug fixes. More specifically, you can expect the following:
New or substantially changed functionality compared to v5 includes:
- Capacitance/Twist Pairing/Wire Length/Length to Break. Capacitance-measurement capability has been added to Version 5, and thus the ability to check twisted pair relationships and measure wire length and length to break.
Version 5 has been completely redesigned from the Version 4 software. Although, you will find marked similarities with previous versions, the v5 software comprises a much more comprehensive cable and harness testing package than available before. If you are a user of earlier versions, you may see the new software featured in our current videos for comparison.
New or substantially changed functionality includes:
- Operator Work Instruction Display. Overlay the the test screen with detailed operator work instructions using any combination of text, images, and actionable buttons. If desired, the work instruction display can be set to fill the screen, and bar code readers can be used to input data and activate tests. You can choose the exact amount of detail, imagery, language and automation you need to ensure your work instructions and tests are carried out flawlessly. You will need 5.4-B1197 or later to access this feature.
- Production Screen. Customers who wish to use the tester in production screen mode will need 5.4-B1188 or later (see photo at top of page) .
- Integrated TeamViewer. Warrantied customers may now receive Tech Support through TeamViewer. TeamViewer is present in 5.4-B1188 and later.
- Harness and Multi-Headed Cabled Support. Harnesses and cables may have any number (1, 2, or many) of connectors terminating the wiring measured and displayed by CableEye. Previous versions of CableEye represented all wiring as, essentially, a two-ended cable.
- Customizable Display. You can configure the arrangement and orientation of connectors for graphical display on a per cable/harness basis. You can re-arrange and save connector placement in graphics mode. When you reload the cable or harness data as Match Data, the connector placement is remembered and restored. Furthermore, when you you acquire a new wiring sample from the CableEye tester, the Test Data information is displayed in the same form.
- Netlist Formatting. Likewise, you can select and save network list (netlist) formatting and connector ordering.
- Updated User Interface. The Graphical User Interface (GUI) has been redesigned and provides a much more intuitive and natural work flow when executing common functions. It also provides easy access to lesser-used functions (such as PinMap and Preferences).
- Context-Sensitive Help. You can access online help at at any time by clicking on the big question mark (?) icon on the toolbar and then clicking on the component for which you would like more information.
- Individual Cable Data Files. Cable and harness specification data are stored in separate files. You can now easily share individual cable files between users or between yourself and your customers using CableEye.
- Integrated PinMap. The CableEye fixture editor (PinMap) software is now integrated into the main CableEye application. You can create and edit custom testpoint-to-connector maps in CableEye and then immediately use the maps to acquire cable and harness data. Separate license required.
- Expanded PinMap Functionality. You can use the fixture editor to either create custom fixed maps, such as test jig layouts, or to create new custom CB boards that can be used in conjunction with the stock CAMI board sets. The fixture editor also helps you identify potential errors in your mapping specification as you are creating the maps.
Other Service Looking for another service such as Hardware Upgrade, Warranty, Calibration, Repairs? Click here.